The Jefferson County Veterans Affairs Office assists Veterans and eligible dependents in applying for federal, state and county benefits. We advocate for Veterans and assist with all aspects of applying for benefits. Additionally, we may refer Veterans and dependents to other federal, state, county agencies and organizations that might further assist them in solving their problems or answering their questions.
Our office provides free transportation to VA medical facilities for Veterans, through a county DAV program. Our vehicle is driven by volunteer drivers and rides are coordinated by our office.
While we will make every effort to assist walk-ins, we strongly recommend that you call for an appointment to ensure a Veteran Service Officer is available to talk with you and/or avoid a long wait.
Please use the following links to the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs Web Site link (Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (PADMVA) to find out more information about potential state programs:
- PA Veterans Registry
- Veterans Temporary Assistance
- Real Estate Tax Exemption
- Amputee and Paralyzed Veterans Pension
- DD 214/215 Program & records request program
- Educational Gratuity Program
- Burial Honors Program
- Honoring Our Veterans License Plates
- Veterans Designation Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Returning Veteran Checklist
- Benefits and Services for Veterans and Their Beneficiaries
Please use the following links to the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs Web Site (www.va.gov ) to find out more information about potential federal programs:
Jefferson County provides the following benefits and program, please contact our office for more information about potential county benefits and program:
- Organization that offers service dogs for veterans suffering from PTSD expanding to Pa. (wearecentralpa.com)
- Burial and Headstone allowances for the county Veterans.
- Application for Burial Benefits for Deceased Veteran or Deceased Veterans Spouse/Application for Headstone Expenses Benefits for Deceased Veteran
- Checklist Jefferson County Veterans Emergency Fund
- Veterans Affairs Emergency Assistance Application Jefferson County
- Cemetery Care allowance for Veterans grave care. Click here for Cemetery Care form.
- Distribution of U.S. flags and emblem markers for placement on appropriate deceased Veterans graves for Memorial Day.
- County DAV Transportation Program provides Free rides for Veterans to VA medical appointments.
- We are always seeking volunteer drivers for the county DAV program. (Click here for the volunteer driver program application)
Contact Veterans Affairs
VA Application for Burial – Download